This easy and beautiful free crochet pattern for my crochet bobble stitch shawl is beginner friendly, because it works up fast and it looks gorgeous with minimum effort!
This post contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links.
The Lion Brand Landscapes in Volcano is definitely the right choice for this shawl as it offers great color transitions which helps my shawl look like I’ve put a lot more effort into it than I actually did. I love how every row looks so different as I crochet with this yarn which makes the time go so quickly and makes my work go fast. It’s not often that I like every single color that’s in a ball of yarn but I definitely liked every color that popped up while making this shawl and the repetition never got boring.
This triangle shawl is warm and cosy as it’s made with the solid granny stitch and the bobble stitch. It’s worked with a large hook which complements the yarn and the stitches which means that it works up fast and is very satisfying to work with.
Crochet Bobble Stitch Shawl – Free Crochet Pattern
- PIN it for later.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue.
- Ready to crochet but don’t want the ads in your way? PRINT it here*.
* a lovingly made print friendly version for a small fee.
This beginner friendly and easy crochet shawl is very cosy and warm as it’s made with the solid granny and bobble stitches. I use a large crochet hook which means it works up fast! And the yarn I use offers wonderful color transitions which make the time go fast because you never know what the next row is going to look like. Includes a video tutorial.
This cosy crochet triangle shawl is a generous size and measures 69″ wide at the top and 33″ long. Of course you can adjust it to suit you by crocheting less rows! Model’s height is 5’7″.
Lion Brand Landscapes is 100% premium acrylic and is machine washable in a gentle cycle. Lay flat to dry.
- Project Level: Easy! Beginner friendly. If you’re comfortable with the bobble stitch, this shawl works up fast!
- Make sure you have the same amount of posts on each side of the mid-row ch-1.
Crochet Bobble Stitch Shawl Video Tutorial
- Lion Brand Landscapes (3.5 oz / 100 g, 147 yd / 134 m, medium / weight 4) 6 skeins in Volcano.
- 9 mm hook.
As per pattern below, there are about 7 rows and 8 or 9 sts per 4″.
Abbreviations (US Terms)
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- dc4tog: double crochet four together or a bobble. Make 4 partial double crochet stitches in the indicated stitch then yarn over and pull through all loops on the hook. To make one partial double crochet stitch: yarn over, insert the hook in the indicated stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops on hook.
- rep: repeat
- sc: single crochet
- sl: slip
- st: stitch
- t: turn
- Make the first two rows that are different from the rest.
- Repeat rows 3 – 6 until you have the desired size shawl. Below is my suggestion for the total number of rows.
Begin with chain 3, sl st to first ch to form a ring.
Row1 Ch 3 (counts as dc), 2 dc in ring, ch 1, 3 dc in ring, t.
Row2 Ch 1, sc in same st, dc4tog in next st, sc in next st, ch 1, skip 1 st, sc in next st, dc4tog in last st, sc to top of ch-3, t.
Row3 Ch3 (counts as dc), 2 dc in same st, dc in every st placing (2 dc, ch 1, 2dc) in ch-1 space, 3 dc in last st, t.
Row4 Same as row3 but your last st is top of ch-3.
Row5 Rep row4.
Row6 Ch 1, sc in same st, *dc4tog in next st, sc in next st**, sc in next st***; rep from * to *** and stop at ** before ch-1, ch 1, skip 1 st, sc in next st, rep from * to ***, dc4tog in last st, sc to top of ch-3, t.
Rep rows 3 – 6 until you have 38 rows.
And my easy beginner friendly rectangle bobble pocket shawl Autumn Berries.
I hope you enjoyed this free crochet pattern for my crochet bobble stitch shawl. What should I crochet next? See you in my next pattern!